Thank you to my Kidlit friends, Loni Edwards and Diane Tulloch, who awarded me the Liebster Blog Award. Just click on their names to visit her interesting and informative blogs. Loni is a very creative illustrator and I enjoy her artwork! Diane I met over a year ago through The Children’s Book Hub a year ago and attended an SCBWI LA conference in 2011. Both Loni and Diane are part of the Perfect Picture Book Friday group as well as members of the 12×12 in 2012 group. I have enjoyed my interaction with both Loni and Diane.
“Liebster is a German word, meaning dearest or beloved, but it can also mean favorite. The idea behind the Liebster Blog Award is that it is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers in order to create new connections and bring attention to their wonderful blogs!”
I am required to thank the giver, add the award to my blog, list five things about myself people don’t know, and select five bloggers I want to give a Liebster Blog Award.
Five Things About Me: (You may or may not know)
1. I was a grandmother before I was a mother. Our daughter was born 6 weeks after our first grandson.
2. I interviewed Barbara Walters in March 1971 when she did the commencement address at Ohio State University. I was one of two reporters granted an interview. (She was very gracious and kind to me.)
3. I am a peacemaker and have helped create exhibits at the Dayton International Peace Museum.
4. I founded a national support and information organization for individuals with eating disorders in 1977. It merged eventually with another organization and is excelling today. In 1996 I was awarded a humanitarian award from the National Academy of Eating Disorders for my pioneering work.
5. I am passionate about the opera and hope I am an opera singer in my next life.
These are the five blogs I want to honor with the Liebster Award. I hope you stop by and visit their sites:
Cathy Mealey at bildebok
Darshana at Flowering Minds
Vivian Kirkfield at Positive Parental Participation
MaryHelen at Books Savors
Laura Boffa at Write Away