I have been blessed in two days to receive two awards twice. Both Erik at This Kid Reviews Books and Kelly Korenek at Land of the Librarian , have awarded me the Kreativ Blogger Award. Thank you Erik for your kind words about what you’ve learned from my blog. Your blog has been very significant to me and I’ve learned that there is a lot of hope for our global community with young people like you. You are so socially conscious, filled with compassion and eager to learn as much as you can about the world you live in. Keep up the great work! Kelly I eagerly watch for your picture book selections during the week. You have such a wonderful eye for what kids like. And, I am very moved by the very special things you do for the kids in your classroom. They are so lucky to have you as their teacher!
The rules for this award are to list 10 things about myself and award the blog to six other deserving bloggers.
Ten Things About Me (You may or may not know)
1. I want Strawberry-Rhubarb pie on my birthday.
2. My astrological sign is Taurus.
3. My favorite adult fiction novel is “Winter Garden,” by Kristin Hannah; nonfiction book is “Stones into Schools,” by Greg Mortenson; and spiritual book is “Defy Gravity” by Caroline Myss.
4. I began studying piano at age seven, and seriously thought about pursuing music in college.
5. My favorite musical performers are Elaine Paige, Sarah Brightman, Andrea Bocelli, Placido Domingo and Renee Flemming.
6. I worked for Kenley Players, summer stock musical theater, during my high school and college summers; I met a lot of stars.
7. I am a preacher’s wife, but I also am ordained.
8. I was a figure skater in my youth and college years. During the campus riots of 1970, I worked out at the OSU ice rink when I couldn’t get to classes because of smoke bombs.
9. I spent two weeks in silence and community service in Brazil at beautiful, but simple spiritual retreat and healing center. I really learned a lot about what is important in life. I even learned to befriend a very large lizard that lived in my room.
10. My favorite movie is “Good-bye Mr. Chips,” (1970) with Peter O’Toole and Petula Clark. They don’t make productions like that anymore.
I have selected the following six bloggers to receive the Kreativ Blogger Award because I have found their blogs unique, inspirational, and educational. They have each spoke to me in different ways. I hope you visit their blogs.
Ms Saba at Of Thoughts and Words
Ruth Schiffmann at inluvwithwords
Jackie Castle at The Castle Library
Amanda at Born Bookish
Jodi at Growing Book by Book